Items to Note
- We now accept Visa and MasterCard for payment as well as cash and check.
- January 19th is the first day to electronically file your tax return.
- The IRS does not send emails. If you get emails from the IRS, consider it PHISHING. Please forward any IRS emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For those with college students returning to college or entering this fall, you will need to file your tax return as early as possible for your student to complete the FAFSA, Federal financial aid forms. Let us know when you call for your appointment that you have a FAFSA student.
- We must electronic file both Federal & State returns. We do not provide rapid refund loans but with direct deposit, you could have your refunds within two weeks.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- All copies of Forms W2, K1 & 1099’s. Include Unemployment, State Tax Refunds, Oregon Kicker amount, Federal Refunds, Social Security Benefits, All Retirement, and Interest Income.
- All healthcare information
- Year-end loan statements including those you paid off or refinanced.
- Escrow statements form sale or purchase of Real Estate
- Stock purchases & sales. We need the exact transaction dates
- Year-end business, farming or rental income & expenses
- Estimated tax payment & dates paid
- Name, address & Social Security number of all child care providers
- Any Health Saving Account information
- All correspondence from the IRS or Oregon Dept of Revenue
The taxpayer signature (and spouse’s, if filing joint) is required before electronic filing. A signature is required to pick up your tax return. You will have 24 hours to review your return before it is electronically filed.
You are ultimately responsible for your tax return. Be sure to supply all information necessary to file a complete & accurate return. You are responsible for keeping the necessary records of your deductions for any business & personal use of property.
Please call early for your appointment with Virginia, Patty or Amber.
It is the policy of V Bowles & Associates, LLC to handle the information you provide with the utmost confidentiality and care. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to members of our firm who need to know this information in order to complete the work you have hired our firm to do. We will not disclose your personal and confidential information to anyone outside this firm without your express permission to do so. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information. If you have questions concerning our privacy principles, please call our office.